Tuesday 25 August 2015

Fancy Flowers

Hi Bloggers,
I hope you are all well.
Here is a card I made a while ago for honey doos. It was shown on create and craft last thursday and was a hit with many crafters at shows around the country. Here is how I made it.
The first thing to do was to stamp and cut out the flowers using Honey Doos Fancy Flowers stamp. I coloured them with chameleon pens and then covered with glossy accents. These needed to dry. I then made the base card by embossing the front with Sue Wilsons embossing folder                     . I ran it through my calibur with circle dies to cut the appertures. You need to leave the folder open, place the dies with the cutting edge away from the folder (so as not to damage your folder) then you place your card, then the rubber mat and plate. The result gives an aperture with an embossed edge which adds to the finished look.  I then matted this on to a piece of card which using double sided adhesive film was covered in gilding flakes. (I did cheat a little I only placed the flakes where they were to be seen) I placed the flowers appropriately, stamped the sentiment and Hey Presto finished card.
Take care



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Janet, love the design.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card! I love how you've cut the apertures in the embossed card. xx

    ReplyDelete